Thursday, February 01, 2007

Singing

I was just around the house cleaning up a bit with my iPod in. Now I'm feeling pretty fatigued these days, for what reason I have not identified as yet. But because of my mood, I just felt like singing. So here I am with an 80 GB iPod 90% full and I couldn't identify one album from my past that I would want to listen to so that I could sing without hitting the skip button too often. I just felt more sad.

As much as I love hip-hop, there was a point in my life where it split pretty much equal time with the songs. Even if hip-hop was technically listened too more often, I still felt the singing much more deeply. And now my brain is so warped that I cannot even remember. The days where I had to bite my tongue on the subway to keep myself from looking like Tyrese in that ancient Coke commercial are long gone.

So February will be the month where I give up the rhymes (except for the Christian variety). It's a haphazard decision, but one I intend to keep. My love of hip-hop will never dissapate but my soul is not feeling as good as it should and I feel the need to rediscover the joy of just singing. Good luck to me.

No comments: