Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Did I Just Do That

Okay so I was doing my usual MySpace wandering since of course its the morning and I don't want to do anything that resembles productivity. On a whim, I decided to look for my sister online. I thought that it would be a shot in the dark. She probably wouldn't even go by her name.

But there she was.

And I friend requested her.

It will be interesting to see how this develops.

Perhaps I have discussed why this is deep. See I didn't know she was my sister until we were like 11 or 12 and since then I've seen her like maybe 4 or 5 times. That whole privacy thing I realize more and more I derive from Dad. Last time I was home, I happened to be logging him off the computer when I saw a recent picture of them together in his e-mail which means he's been seeing her regularly. Now this doesn't bother me in the slightest. Matter of fact, I encourage it. But if I understand why I keep things secret, then I understand Dad. I think sometimes you just don't want to addres things and conjure up awkward and/or hard feelings. But I've longed for a relationship with her for some time with varying degrees of commitment. Obviously never committed enough if I'm waiting till we're 25 and using MySpace as a device. But the Lord provides things in our lives for multitudes of reasons so I'll proceed from here and see where it takes me.

This is shaping up to be an intense year.

No comments: