Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Sad Instant Revelation

I am immersed in one of the worst documented cases of apathy in my life. Right square in my face is the looming deadline for many of my law school applications, yet here I am, with a sick day from work, still checking e-mail and writing this very blog.

So I text my mom invoking her to pray on my behalf. And I am currently in an instant message conversation with Luna where I asked the same thing. Then I realized: Why don't I pray myself?

When did that disconnect happen? I mean its all well and good to have people pray for you. My understanding that a large part of attending church is the fellowship that it should engender and the common sharing of prayer to help out your brethren. But still the onus is upon the indivvidual in God's plan. So when did I forget to pray. It's sad because even as I write this I realize how far I've strayed from my path. I have never been the most spiritual person, but it is a constant part of my life. Often I find myself telling people to wait on the Lord and how hard it is to have faith. Have I totally given up on it? I don't think so cause I keep telling people to have it. When did I stop actively practicing it though?

Like I need one more thing to depress me right now. The best answer I guess is to just shake off what might not have been happening and just do what has been missing.

No comments: