Friday, May 14, 2004

Guess Who’s Bizzack

You wonder why I say guess who’s back when this is the first entry. But yea, I once had another blog young squire, which can be found right here. As you may notice the name is “The Wonderful Adventures of Nugie.” I decided a new one was in order because I haven’t touched that for over a month. Plus I got tired of explaining the Nugie nickname because truthfully people haven’t used that one since high school. Finally my adventures are not really that consistently wonderful. They’re mostly interesting I guess but wonderful definitely seemed like a misnomer. So now we have this new incarnation.

Where does Hothcie Motchie come from you ask? Well three of the DVDs in my unfortunately vast collection are the complete collection of the short lived animated show “The Critic.” (I say unfortunately vast because I sometimes pause and think that 76 DVDs for a broke college student of modest means is very sad.) Our main character, surprisingly enough a movie critic, often exclaims the phrase “Hotchie Motchie!” (Personally I don’t like the spelling. I like Hachi Machi myself. But the one time it was actually in written form on the show it appeared in the version that titles this little corner of the internet. So my coloring in the lines continues.) For me it basically translates to “Oh my goodness!” which I thought was more appropriate for the things I want to share around these parts.

Life, in and of itself, is an “Oh my goodness!” experience. Whether you pause and notice the way trees bloom, the laughter of a child, or the inexplicable grief when you lose a loved one, life is just a series of “Oh my goodness!” moments whether you notice them or not. I guess I say “Oh my goodness!” to myself a lot, but it gets buried because it seems somewhat crazy a lot of the time. But the internet is filled with people much crazier than me so why not me too?

I don’t know what to tell the people who are reading this. I’m not some clever pundit of the political affairs of the day. I don’t have some particularly interesting angle on life, although formerly upper middle-class African-American is a rarity in life. My current situation isn’t particularly different, like scorned grad student or corporate shill. But if one is interested in the thoughts of someone else that doesn’t know what’s going on most of the time, I guess I’m your man. I have no promises with this new edition, but I hope to be more diligent with espousing my thoughts into the digital stream of consciousness. And being as amusing with it as possible. No promises though. Here we go.

No comments: