Saturday, May 29, 2004

First of All........

In a conversation I found myself in the midst of the other night, I decided to end with some non-traditional arrivaderci. But I didn't know how to end, until the person on the other end of the phone sounded somewhat perturbed with me. Finally flashing back into the convo, I told her that there was no need to be upset because when my album came out, she would be one of the first 17 people thanked. How I came up with the number? It just happened to be on my mind.

But the matter has stayed on my mind for the last couple of days, obviously. I started to wonder how my album thank you's turn out. Do I put God first or save the best for last? Do I individually note people I identify as rolling with cliques? And the grandmama of all questions, what's the order?

If you're curious, God is first, dedication to my grandmothers is last, and you're somewhere in between. But if you're reading this, you're definitely in the top 15.

No comments: