Sunday, May 20, 2007

In Appreciaion

Today I thank God for so much:

- His existence, amazing unconditional love, and never-ending blessings

- My mom, who understood so much without me uttering a word

- A good sense of direction and the ability to go it alone sometimes

- Posh for not cussing me out and understanding I needed to be alone

- The strength to ask for help

- People who believe in me

- Voicemail, which had me call back Testimony, whose conversation was the most unexpected and lovely of blessings

- The nation's capital for being here and being so great to be in

- Walter C. Pena Community Park, which plays host to a live soccer match, children who let a big stranger kick a ball around with them, and families with fathers who were thoroughly enjoying playing with their toddlers

- The MySpace bulletin where my childhood schoolmate admitted she was just learning how to ride a bike and broke her toe, showing it's never too late to try something

- The thought to actually ask the Starbucks barista for my favored item which was unlisted on the menu

- The pomegranate juice blend that resulted

- Because He's wonderful and He will bring me through

No comments: