Friday, May 25, 2007

The Children Need Some Regulation

As I was walking through the city, thoroughly enjoying my iPod on this scorcher of a day, I took in the many sights the city had to offer. Mainly, the many outfits people are sporting on this weekend, the unofficial start to summer. Of course, there must be some lattitude in how we judge people. Weather this year has been so scattershot, it's hard to get yourself into a groove you're comfortable with. I myself have been all over the place, where one day I planned to wear a seersucker jacket only to find long sleeves unbearable and vice versa.

But as I walked along Fulton Mall, one of the last shopping arenas that is mostly mnority and local, I saw one of the most atrocius outfits ever. In the blur, I made out a white skirt with multi colored polka dots, a tangerine tank top, and matching tangerine leggings. Yes. Yes I know. I would have taken a picture but I don't think that outfit should be committed to anyone's hard drive. It's already done damage ensconced in my memory.

And I know it's hot. And I know you're excited to wear all the clothes that you've been waiting to wear. But it doesn't mean you need them all at once. So she gets one of these.



Yeah that is a red card but man she deserved it. As the link points out, it is to show a penalty after a rules infraction and boy did she infract some rules. Beyond the embarassment, she made her clique look crazy and also hurt all of our eyes. She might be next up for execution like in Iraq. Well at least her fashion sense should be.

No comments: