Wednesday, February 08, 2006

What Is It About Sharing?

As I look at all the MySpace and Facebook accounts, what is it about human nature that makes people want to share about themselves? Why are we so intent to find someone that is interested in our life's story? And why are we so interested in theirs?

Since we moved to our new program, our program director has done a kind of game where he reads some characteristics and favorites of some people so that they become more well known to the new set of co-workers. Even though I wasn't part of the first batch I immediately began to think about what some of my responses would be. And it was my focus for way more than I care to admit.

But still I consider myself a private person so why do I care if a bunch of relative strangers know what my favorite Michael Jackson song is (Stranger in Moscow btw)? But I'll let you know what you want to know about me. I mean look at this blog.

At least its something endearing about human nature, our desire to be known and accepted is still intact. Maybe togetherness can breathe

No comments: