Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sunday

About a month into my tenure at my current job, I decided to switch my schedule from Monday to Friday to a Sunday to Wednesday schedule. Now overall it makes more sense. I have three days off and I still get my 40 hours. Plus, it helps me in my schedule of classes and such. Currently it also means that I am not giving up my position due to the recent changes in staffing since the girl who took my position has to hand over like 8 hours now that she has to switch to an alternating schedule.

The biggest caveat has been the loss of my Sundays. Sundays have just been the ultimate of lazy days since I was a child. It consisted of endless streams of Nickelodeon and my Mom's brunch. As I grew older it was matinees and just sleeping. Now it is completely gone. Sunday as a block is great because there is truly no obligation to fulfill. No church, no school, and no work. Time to clean up a room or write a song or catch up on all those movies you've been missing.

Today I woke up before my alarm actually. But I just wasn't feeling working. So I called out for the first time in like two months and I couldn't have picked a better day. I've already done some homework I've been missing, made my room look marginally more presentable, and set up a schedule for the semester that I can hopefully stick with. Plus I slept in an extra 5 hours. The sun is shining and everything is copasetic and cool. Bonus: I've rediscovered music I totally forgot and it just makes my existence that much more livable.

So now I have a greater incentive to graduate. Cause I need to get a regular job so I can get my Sundays back.

No comments: