Saturday, February 04, 2006

That Blessed Day

Today is the Sabbath, a day I sadly have not taken much observance of quite recently. Like someone who does not know better, I have been using it to sleep in and do my own thing, which is pretty much nothing, which makes it even more sad since I couldn't even be productive. I digress. One of my goals for the year was to be more spiritually minded. That can't happen when it's February and the only reason I stepped in a church this year was for a funeral. Plus, my backpack is filled with a Bible and other assorted religious literature, but I never take the initiative and pull any of them out. Well as most know, music is the key to my soul. So I started with some of the Jesus music last night and have continued it until today and I honestly feel much better. There's a lot of crap going on in my life (a lot cause of my own doing) but I really don't care at this point cause I know that it will all settle down. There will be more challenges down the road but I'll be able to handle those too. So first step is to reclaim the Sabbath for what it is. Hopefully I make it through the day without succumbing to temptation.

No comments: