Friday, August 31, 2007

Sunshine Chronicles #1

Today I embarked on the longest journey I've undertaken in a while and I eventually ended up in Florida. Mom had purchased the ticket in the myriad of all this other activity and I had kind of lost track that it was going to happen until this week. But here I am. Heaven must have smiled on me cause all the travel today has been pretty comfortable. The ride from Mass was free of annoyances and claustrophobia. The train came as soon as I hit the platform. The shuffle on iPod was great. I even got a bagel and lox, repacked my stuff, and made it to the airport on time. And even though I was in a row with an ebullient toddler and his young Chardonnay drinking mom, Jet Blue has DirecTV which delivered me Snorks and Sports Center in between my naps. My bag was even first off the plane.

My godsister (who will get a nickname since she is that cool) picked me up from the airport and even the conversation was amazingly enlightening. In my recent state of self-awareness, she shared some of the same sentiments, so randomly too, that made me feel that maybe I wasn't so abnormal, even though I was starting to accept it. And of course the main point of this trip is to reconnect with the many family and friends that have grown distant over time. Along with seeing my mom's aunt and uncle for the first time in forever, I also got to meet the children of my other godsister. They helped me continue with my playful mood, but its easy when the oldest is only 4 and the twin girls will only be 3 a day before I get more entrenched in an age demographic I am starting to like (25 - 34). But they ran around and made up games on the fly and were darlings. When your biggest concern is avoiding spicy tomatoes and convincing at least one of your little sisters not to watch the Mickey Mouse DVD on the ride home, you are living the life.

On the way home, I was kind of ornery cause some sinus pain aggravated by the flight became a true nuisance. I actually pleaded for pain medication when I usually shy away from it. But now that I have re-upped on it I am restless with energy. I keep wanting to write about all the little revelations I've been having that are adding up into something that might be a direction in my life. Well it's not exactly a direction, but it is the search for one, and that is a huge step for me. I want more time to really give it its due. In this manic state, I'll leave things out.

I'm actually going to be proactive and iron most of my clothes and repack my bag since I initially was so haphazard with it all. Yeah it is boring but for some reason right now it's making me very content.

No comments: