Monday, August 13, 2007

Just Hit Me

Moments ago, Posh called me informing me that she has recently been looking at her phone and catching 12:34 more and more often. She then proceeded to tell me that she was slightly tipsy and she was about to use the restroom. She promised to call me back, then promptly hung up. The call was less than a minute.

And just as quickly, she managed to send a text about friends not letting friends dial or text drunk.The item that just hit me is not the truth of this statement. Rather, the actual physical environment where this is all transpiring is the source of my sudden awareness. Why is there liquor at a baby shower?

Is it me or is it just a little suspect that there is actually booze at an event welcoming a new child into the world? The mom can't drink. Why should the baby be hearing clinking glasses? I mean maybe a afterparty for all the lasses relieved they are not yet experiencing the predicament as the celebrated. But at the actual shindig? It just doesn't sit right with me for some reason. Even if I allow for the light beer, wine, or even champagne, shouldn't the sisterhood keep one another from getting out of hand. Tis not the village I want raising my child.

Actually I think that's my old Adventist West Indian man gene speaking. Forget I said anything.

----------------
Now playing: Darien Brockington - Sacrifice (ft. Yahzarah)

No comments: