Sunday, January 30, 2005

Oh What A Tangled Web

The life of Adam Anthony Scott Carnegie gets more and more complicated as life moves on. The compasssionate hedonist thing isn't working out as well as I would have hoped. Living for yourself is somewhat problematic when you actually care about the feelings of others.

So I'm visiting my ex-girlfriend Posh since she visited her parentals for the weekend. We're still friends and all, at least I'm trying to be. But of course the rumor mill in this little hamlet I call home reachced back to her and she got word that I was dating. Now I was hoping to shy away from the question, inquiring as to the sources of the "rumor" and if there were any supposed candidates in particular. But of course I failed.

And I had to come clean. And I had to say that I was in the beginning stages of something, with someone that she predicted I'd end up with. And then what I was trying to avoid occurred. So I was accused of lying, but I didn't. I just covered up truth I thought she didn't want to hear. If not saying what you think will hurt someone is that really lying. I didn't go out of my way to deceive.

But it is what it is? And the question remains can two ex-significant others really continue a relationship as just friends? I mean talk about everything, including their new romantic relationships. I seriously doubt it. And to those who honestly believe they achieved it kudos or I'm praying for you cause you might be delusional. Even when I talk to Drizzle in Texas, there's an unspoken agreement not to mention new developments on the battlefield of love.

Maybe this is just the hurdle I had to clear to experience that type of relationship for myself. I wasn't kicked out the house. A drink wasn't poured on my head. I didn't get a slap on the face. She still wants me to do my subpar poetry at some nonprofit shindig she's throwing. But there was an uneasiness as I left. And I hate that. Insert primal scream here.

No comments: