Wednesday, January 26, 2005

The Big Screen

Since yesterday's Oscar nominations were handed out, I started to wonder why it is that so many stars long to be on the big screen. Actually I was thinking, why don't stars like to aim for the small screen. Even when they get there, they seem to be willing to take the smallest part just to be in a movie. Is it that serious?

Is it the allure of being in some form of medium forever? Can't be cause between syndication and DVD's, TV shows will never die. I guess it must be for artistic freedom or some philosophical thing. It can't be fame though. If you're lucky enough to get on a hit show that means that 20 million people are watching you every week. Plus it's a steady salary and not subject to the whims of bad box office. If I were an actor, that's all I'd want: steady big paycheck. Maybe that whole artistic thing is actually true for some of these people. Or confused vanity.

No comments: