Friday, July 02, 2004

Now You Gotta Kiss Me

I don't know why I went away for so long. It's not like I didn't have things to write about. I've been keeping a list of topics I've wanted to vent about. Maybe I was too busy with an actual job that I overlooked this too easily. I don't think that's the case. I've had enough down time over the weeks. Whatever. For the umpteenth time, I will do my best to be consistent. And I'll probably be writing a similar entry in the near future.

Life has been surprisingly okay. Nothing terribly exciting. Mostly I've been brushing up on my phone skills, both business and personal. On the business side, it's been learning what to say and how to say it. On the personal side it's been more like what not to say and when and how not to say it. This has been much more difficult. The personal side has been mainly in my dealings with the fairer sex, although I am perpetually baffled as to how they got that lofty title. These relationships seem totally unfair.

At least I've felt wanted in all of this, on both counts. Would be supervisors keep on courting me to work. And the fairer sex keeps contacting me and I keep answering against better judgment. Maybe it's because they say nice things sometimes. I've been complimented on my kissing prowess recently so I guess my statutes on the topic are worthy. But I think I have to sit out of relationships for a while. I'm not good at them at all. This only child thing is coming back to bite me in the ass.

The flirting/witty banter thing I gush about so often seems to work well for me. They keep getting caught in the web. If only I could work it out that all my relationships could be carried out with IMs, text messages, and late night tenderness sessions. Then I could be in the clear. Daylight and actual contact don't seem to mesh for me. And I honestly don't feel like working on it, right now at least. One day I know I'll have to suck it up and work it out, especially if I want to have that antiquated American dream I've been programmed to desire. Please believe I want to have a saccharine sweet relationship that makes people sick like the couples on "A Wedding Story." Guess not right now though.

No comments: