Monday, July 05, 2004

Adventures In Slumberland

So I had two trippy dreams I can recall from last night's sleep.

The first involved a move with my parents. It was a new apartment. Very sterile looking since it had only white walls. The corridors looked like something out the Matrix when Neo goes and talks to the architect. Anyhoo, cold and such and then I see that my parents are dead. Their bodies are just floating in this pool within one of the rooms. For some reason I knew what to do, taking each body and letting it float in it's own respective body shaped pool. Then I called the authorities. What's funny is that I started thinking about all the logistics, life insurance policies and funeral arrangements. Then all of a sudden I had a grief attack I guess. Crying uncontrollably. Screaming "Why?!?!?" like a bad lifetime movie. Finally my brain got annoyed and woke me up.

The second one wasn't as detailed but I'll recall it anyway. It basically involved Drizzle. She was in one of those sleeveless sweaters she likes, except this one was sparkly and fuchsia, two things I never think she would combine in an every day ensemble. Anyhoo, she gave me something and then she walked off. I was trying to get her to stay, but she seemed preoccupied.

So one theory says dreams are what you really desire. Do I want my parents dead? Yeah in a way sure. Not cause I don't like them, rather because I love. They're in a state of perpetual suffering. I'd at least like the people they are now to disappear. But Drizzle's a different category. I want her still. Our situation is like the lyrics to Usher's Burn. (Did I just quote Usher) Maybe it's a sign. Maybe it's my brain just recapping events for me like a torturous America's Most Wanted dramatization. Maybe I should just stop eating double chocolate cake before I go to sleep.

No comments: