Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fall Back

Thank you Daylight Savings Time. With the extra hour of sleep you afforded me, combined with my previous 72 hours of prevalent idleness, I had the required energy to have an amazing day. I haven't written one of my Sunday appreciations in a while, because, well, I hadn't been appreciating them. Starting in the early summer, I began to get sent to different houses to either pass meds, supervise shifts, or both. For the past couple of weeks, I've been in the program that houses the oldest boys.

An assignment I initially dreaded has become mildly enjoyable. If this was my last week there, I ended on a high note. There were only three boys in the house, and two technically don't have to be eyes-on monitored in the house. Throughout the day, the three staff were high energy and the kids were too. It was a ball all day.

While Wolf Fighter, who was running shift, took one boy bowling, another staff and I took a couple kids to a Magic game tournament. On the way in I got to arouse my inner nerd and had discussions on computers, history, and religion. The tournament was held in a comic book store, which also had old vinyls. I found soundtracks to classic movies I owned but abstained from spending my meager funds on them right then. I figure the geeks that patronize the shop are not concerned with the soundtrack to "Anatomy of a Murder." Then we had lunch at an awesome place down the block and I didn't have to pay for it.



The Patriots also won in convincing fashion, this time from being down. All of the staff were engrossed in it. The other staff tackled my leg while I was on the phone with the nurse, informing him about our diabetic client's high blood sugar. This is how loose we got. Not to mention the jovial connection with the kids.

Plus, I didn't have to do what Mocha had to. That was back at my home program and the smell was atrocious.




Best part of the day: absolutely no issues. Nothing. If it wasn't for the meds, I would have thought it was a normal day at a boarding school.

No comments: