Friday, February 04, 2005

What Gets You Heated?

An interesting question was posed to me last night by my good friend Socrates. See he's never seen me upset, at least to the point of fuming or steam escaping my ears. So he wanted to know what gets me heated. And I thought about it for a while. And I couldn't come up with anything.

I'm not saying I've never been heated. But most of the situations involved individuals on the phone. But what was it in the conversation that got me to the point of throwing phones and downing drinks? I guess maybe it was people criticizing me for being insincere. Or demanding something of me which I already thought I was giving or wasn't capable of giving. I guess the things that get me heated are the things that attack me personally.

And even those things don't bother me as much anymore. I lost a phone to my anger so I try to keep it under control. Plus I've seen my parents get angry and I personally think it's shaved like 5 or 6 years from my father's life expectancy. If you can't maintain an even keel, you're useless. And I've proved useless enough doing nothing. WHy exacerbate the problem?

1 comment:

The Humanity Critic said...

Just passing through, Great blog by the way.